You are late in your payments to Loanker-Quebec? You have accumulated a large debt to the Crown corporation? Did you know that Loanker-Quebec could unplug you if you did not remedy the situation? Increased Loanker-Quebec rates and harsh winters cost you dearly? You are not alone … Far from it!
In 2015, according to the Journal de Québec, Loanker-Quebec has signed more than 330,000 payment agreements with its customers: 1 in 12 residential customers! Never seen before.
By law, Loanker-Quebec does not have the right to cut off your electricity between December 1 and March 31 for your home if the heating system requires electricity. Otherwise, between April 1 and November 30, Loanker-Quebec has the right to interrupt your services.
Conclude a repayment agreement directly with Loanker-Quebec
- This solution should be your first resort, before anything else.
- You must contact the debt collection service.
- If you had to make an agreement, make sure it matches your actual payment capacity.
- If you do not respect your agreement, it will be next to impossible to take a new one. That’s why it’s so important that the deal is realistic for you.
- If necessary, you can contact your Member of Parliament who can help you reach an advantageous payment agreement. This is especially true if you have low income or a special condition.
Submit a consumer proposal
- A consumer proposal is an agreement to settle your debts with your creditors.
- You make a single monthly payment to your trustee for all of your debts.
- Loanker-Quebec will not be able to interrupt your service after the submission of a consumer proposal.
- If Loanker-Quebec has not yet interrupted the service, your bill will be reset.
- If Loanker-Quebec has already interrupted the service, once payment is complete, you will be able to find the services.
To resort to personal bankruptcy
- Personal bankruptcy erases all your debts, including your debts to Loanker-Quebec.
- Loanker-Quebec will not be able to interrupt your service after the filing of a bankruptcy.
- If Loanker-Quebec has not yet interrupted your service, your bill is reset.
- If Loanker-Quebec has already interrupted your service, they will have to reconnect and your bill will be reset.
Please note that both in the case of a consumer proposal and in the case of a personal bankruptcy, once the invoice is reset, Loanker-Quebec has the right to ask you for a security deposit equivalent to two (2) ) months of services.